DCA's announcement on EASA syllabus.

Discussion board for LAME, technicians, passenger service agents and other ground staffs.

Re: DCA's announcement on EASA syllabus.

Postby ninermike » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:10 pm

maxnfstop wrote:Some info that i wish to share,

There will be an industry briefing by the DCA on DCAM Part 66 and Part 147 implementation on 2nd November 2010 at MAVA Sepang 0830-1300 hrs. A draft of Airworthiness Notices on DCAM Part 66(58 pages)and DCAM Part 147 has been distributed to invited participant for discussion and industry feedback.

The proposal is as of Jan 2011, the BCAR AMEL will no longer be issued and new issue will be under DCAM Part 66 system(Cat A, B1 and B2). Existing BCAR AMEL holder will be required to convert to DCAM Part 66 system. For AMEL renewal it will be automatic conversion to Part 66 format.There will be limitation imposed on affected conversion and has until 31 Dec 2015 to remove the limitation (by taking relevant module) in order to exercise license fully by Jan 2016.

It is interesting to see how would the industry react and also the scramble by existing AMEL holders to remove the limitation(taking module exams) within the grace period of Jan 2011 to Dec 2015.

Left study books long time ago and guess it is about time to rejuvenate some rustic part of my brain to get ready for exam mode.

max.

Dear MAX,

Congratulations DCA, Malaysia !!

The INDUSTRY will LOVE IT !!!! ::D: ::D: ::D: They have been COMPLAINING for several years when DCA Malaysia will follow CAA,UK in adapting EASA requirements - some even willing to pay in THOUSAND OF POUNDS STERLING just to sit for EASA modules exam locally and abroad.

The time has come ::D: ::D: ::D:

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU MY SON !!! :))

niner mike
In GOD we trust - others we check
ninermike

Postby astro » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:13 pm

may i know is the briefing on 2 nov open for public?
astro

Postby hazrin » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:29 am

yesterday i have talked to one of DCA officer,regarding about meeting this coming tuesday,,yes he said that the meeting is about DCA want to change to EASA,,just wait and see what they will announce,,i don't think it will open for public,,,
hazrin

Postby torx » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:04 pm

Maybe by invitations only.
I will be there ;)
Real planes have propellers!
torx

Postby astro » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:31 pm

anyone know how to go MAVA?
astro

Postby YJTHONG » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:28 pm

What is the outcome of today briefing
YJTHONG

Postby refusetakeoff » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:03 pm

what i heard is 5 years grace period for LAE to convert...
other than that dont know...
waiting for torx to update
refusetakeoff

Postby torx » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Summary of today's session.

It is now official that the DCAM Part 66 will come in force as of 1st. January 2011.
Full implementation in January 2016.
Current AMEL will be renewed as per the new Part 66 format license and will have limitations(16 limitations to start with at max)
The AMEL is now AML(Aircraft Maintenance License) as Cat A is a certifying mechanic.
The grace period to remove/comply with these limitations is by 2015. If lapsed, you will no longer be able to exercise the priviledges.(All applicable modules to be cleared within 5 years.)
First exam complying to Part 66 will commence July 2011.
Final exam with BCAR Section L format is on 30th June 2011.

Only Cat A and Cat B are catered for. NO Cat. C as the current regulations with CRS-SMI and CMR signatories satisfy the current regulations.
New AN numbering system will be developed.
There would be a requirement for English proficiency which will be established at a later date.

Any exemptions to the modules will be case to case basis which the DCAM will decide.
Max of 3 resits per year. 90 days to lapse for next resit if failed, 30 days if from an ATO( Approved Training Organization)
Fees: RM100 for first 2 modules, RM100 for subsequent modules.
ORAL examination will be ABOLISHED.

Working on foreign aircrafts is acceptable but it must be validated by a validator approved by DCAM.
Type ratings by DCA is under DCAM purview, so are group ratings.
'Grandfather' rights shall remain.
Authorizations will be under DCAM's discretion.
Foreign license conversions as per AN7, however the DCA recognize only 5 regulatory bodies/countries: UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Brunei.
Compass compensation and adjustments only to those currently endorsed. Otherwise it's under limitations of license.

ATO under AN85 will be approved under Part 147 with limitations until such time the limitations are complied with.
Assessor and validator must be defined, nominated in the MTOE and approved by DCAM.
A person can be both assessor and validator, but must not validate his own assessments! :D
Use CAA CAP 741 for log of work for the time being. DCA will meet with the industry to establish the future format.
DCAM will conduct ALL exams. An ATO may be approved to conduct examinations.

Please add/edit if I left out anything or error on my part.
Any questions email to amel66@dca.gov.my
torx

Postby refusetakeoff » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:43 pm

so those who still tring to get bcar section L license will have time to complete it but after that need to cenvert it lor....aiya~!!!more exam for me
refusetakeoff

Postby torx » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Yes! 5 years to comply. ;)
torx

PreviousNext

Return to Engineers & Groundcrew's Talk