KOLEJ ANTARABANGSA YAYASAN MELAKA - LAE PROGRAMME

Discussion board for LAME, technicians, passenger service agents and other ground staffs.

KOLEJ ANTARABANGSA YAYASAN MELAKA - LAE PROGRAMME

Postby ninermike » Thu May 12, 2011 8:31 am

Hi...y'all,

I started to hear about this college offering LAE courses about 2 weeks ago - I heard the management recently has been bombarded with 'ammunitions' from their own trainees.

hmmm.....anybody want to share info here..???

http://www.kym.edu.my/www/v11/#

Cheers !!

9M
In GOD we trust - others we check
ninermike

Re: KOLEJ ANTARABANGSA YAYASAN MELAKA - LAE PROGRAMME

Postby IGHE Consultancy » Fri May 13, 2011 9:21 am

Yeah they claimed that you can finish your studies in 4 years together with a license.. oh man, i wonder how. It is sad that there is no proper enforcement here regarding misleading information used in marketing and advertising.

I hope there is someone here can share the actual story..cheers!
IGHE Consultancy (Australian Qualified Education Agent Counsellor, License No.E556)
Suite 33-01, 33rd Floor, Menara Keck Seng,
203, Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
www.ighe.com.my
P +603 2116 9663
M +6017 406 5767
IGHE Consultancy

Postby torx » Fri May 13, 2011 10:44 am

4 years? I thought it's about 2 1/2 to 3 years just Part 66 THEORY. Fees will include lodging, about RM92K.
Yeah to are NO control/enforcement with regards to misleading info used in advert and marketing.. who's responsible? "Rakyat Didahulukan"?
Real planes have propellers!
torx

Postby airtaxi » Fri May 13, 2011 1:15 pm

at one time i.t graduates surplus the requirement
then engineers
then nurses
then the government have frozen the medical student course for 5 years
is it time for aircraft maintenance course too? :<.<:
here it seems quantity is being prioritized over quality :=\:
airtaxi

Postby torx » Fri May 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Please explain.

"here it seems quantity is being prioritized over quality"
torx

Postby airtaxi » Fri May 13, 2011 8:09 pm

suddenly too many colleges @ universities want to conduct some courses that seems to give benefit them in terms of money. no control about it. example, yeah we may need a lot of doctors, but you can't simply open at a large amount of intakes just to fulfill the vacancy. we must balance the intake by merit system so that the quality is not being ignored. because i know there are many incompetent doctors around here in malaysia. "you got money? then you can enter the medical courses. your qualification we'll talk latter".

so now the situation not just about doctors. the numbers of lae in malaysia is not enough, then because of that some private colleges offer aircraft engineer maintenance courses and fancy about bringing easa here without reviewing the needs and laws of our land. they just emphasize to get the quantity of engineers but being negligence in terms of quality. not all of them who enters this program are competent enough to be lae, but yet with money, yes you can. (true strory, i've witnessed them).

so suddenly this college want to do easa, that college want to do easa, or aircraft maintenance program. some of them is good, but not all of them. a lot of misleading information and marketing. some full of promises to get this and that, but then in the end?

maybe this is the power of capitalism, got money? then we can talk some business.

#my humble opinion. please don't fire back at me :><:
airtaxi

Postby adiru » Fri May 13, 2011 8:56 pm

airtaxi wrote:suddenly too many colleges @ universities want to conduct some courses that seems to give benefit them in terms of money. no control about it. example, yeah we may need a lot of doctors, but you can't simply open at a large amount of intakes just to fulfill the vacancy. we must balance the intake by merit system so that the quality is not being ignored. because i know there are many incompetent doctors around here in malaysia. "you got money? then you can enter the medical courses. your qualification we'll talk latter".

so now the situation not just about doctors. the numbers of lae in malaysia is not enough, then because of that some private colleges offer aircraft engineer maintenance courses and fancy about bringing easa here without reviewing the needs and laws of our land. they just emphasize to get the quantity of engineers but being negligence in terms of quality. not all of them who enters this program are competent enough to be lae, but yet with money, yes you can. (true strory, i've witnessed them).

so suddenly this college want to do easa, that college want to do easa, or aircraft maintenance program. some of them is good, but not all of them. a lot of misleading information and marketing. some full of promises to get this and that, but then in the end?

maybe this is the power of capitalism, got money? then we can talk some business.

#my humble opinion. please don't fire back at me :><:

this is how i feel rite now. sorry to barge in like this but as a student, im kinda feel like kene sakit hati when i found out that for one to be a LAE, its not that easy as those people tell us.
adiru

Postby singonn2 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:16 pm

I don think some lik "Educational institutions" example university/college they r suitable open AME course .LAE r quite different from other , it don require your dip/degree/master even phd but license and exp ... unless they r ATO .

ATO i think nid a billion budget :><:

ATO r different story.
singonn2

Postby torx » Sat May 14, 2011 12:54 am

airtaxi, well said!
But who's to blame?
torx

Postby mosumo » Sat May 14, 2011 2:22 am

torx wrote:airtaxi, well said!
But who's to blame?

who? :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:
“A friend cannot be considered a friend until he is tested in three occasions: in time of need, behind your back, and after your death.”
mosumo

Next

Return to Engineers & Groundcrew's Talk