Aircraft crashes in Gunung Pulai

A board for aviation topics in general, including news, incidents, air traveling, safety etc.

Re: Aircraft crashes in Gunung Pulai

Postby vincez » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:19 am

the star shown her picture as well, she's pretty.. I was so shocked after read it. I stoned at the bar thinking why shit really happens :(

RIP Diona..
SOLDIER : SIR WE ARE SURROUNDED FROM ALL SIDES BY ENEMIES ,
MAJOR : EXCELLENT ! WE CAN ATTACK IN ANY DIRECTION (:
look on the brighter side people ! have a nice day :D
vincez

Postby torx » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:04 am

Guys, with all due respect to some of you guys who are very experienced, I can appreciate your personal views but lets not speculate without proper investigations being done.
Eventhough it is the Instructor's/examiner's fault as explained by hersheys to me still we DO NOT KNOW exactly what went wrong.
We all know in any aircraft accident, there would not be a single contributing factor but a series of events and factors that lead to the unfortunate incident. We have not however established such a fact and therefore cannot conclude who exactly is to be blamed.
My 2 sen. Hope everyone understand.
My condolescence to the family.
Real planes have propellers!
torx

Postby blurwing » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:55 am

torx wrote:Guys, with all due respect to some of you guys who are very experienced, I can appreciate your personal views but lets not speculate without proper investigations being done.
Eventhough it is the Instructor's/examiner's fault as explained by hersheys to me still we DO NOT KNOW exactly what went wrong.
We all know in any aircraft accident, there would not be a single contributing factor but a series of events and factors that lead to the unfortunate incident. We have not however established such a fact and therefore cannot conclude who exactly is to be blamed.
My 2 sen. Hope everyone understand.
My condolescence to the family.

This is an open discussion. I would honestly like to hear the opinions of others on this matter no matter how ridiculous it sounds. Definitely not to the extent of saying Capt Zaini's licence will be suspended with no basis whatsoever. I do agree with you on the fact that it is not of a single contributing factor but a series of events, in which is based on the 'swiss cheese model' by James Reason. Here is some good reading for those of you who wish to learn a little bit more (http://www.aviation.unsw.edu.au/about/a ... heese.html) Besides, it is good to learn from accidents such as this as insensitive as I may sound. My sincere condolences to the family.

I wouldn't come to a conclusion that it is Capt Zaini's fault though. However, I would say it is his responsibility to take over when something wrong has happened. In which, I have no doubt he DID take control of the aircraft. We have all been trained to conduct Forced Landings whenever it comes to an Engine Failure. That is assuming it was an engine failure (http://bestfeed.co.cc/pilot-dies-in-fiery-plane-crash). Although its not a solid basis in which to rely solely on that site alone. I am speaking from well... purely assumptions. When conducting a Forced Landing it would usually mean to put it into a glide configuration to obtain maximum glide distance hence, converting speed to height. This in turn allows more lateral distance covered for every loss of vertical distance. We would then have to conduct emergency procedures which is stated in the Pilot operating Handbook (POH) of that particular aircraft. Once completed, what we'd do is look for a suitable grass patch to try to land on if available, or somewhere that remotely looks at all like a safe-enough spot to land. In which the surroundings of Gunung Pulai is indeed lacking instead it is encompassed majority of oil palm plantations. Once a spot is found we would fly straight to the patch of land, determine the wind, and visualize a similar circuit pattern as you would per norm. Once done, we would try to restart the engines if possible. If unable to do so we'll have to give a MAYDAY call and passenger brief if applicable. We'd then shutdown the engines, to decrease the amount of probability of a fire erupting on impact due to the avionics. We would leave the master on to activate the flaps if needed.

If anyone would like to correct me on anything that I have said go ahead. All that is stated above is based on my training in Australia. Procedures might be slightly different in Malaysia. I'll gladly receive any criticism whatsoever as well. As I have said we should take this as a learning experience not of blaming whoever is at fault.

Regards,
Wing
PPL Holder, CPL Undertaker,
Oxford Aviation Academy,
Melbourne, Australia

"1Malaysia, People First, Performance Now"
blurwing

Postby alberttky » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:53 pm

I've been following the story on newspaper since it happened and it makes me think about loosing my dad a while ago.

To Diona's father and brother - We are strangers but we share a common sense of loss. Even though you are professional pilots, I'm sure it will not be easy getting back into the cockpit, just as I found out the hard way. Please be strong and carry on, knowing that Diona is in a better world, happily flying and watching us from above. Everytime when you take to the sky you are that much nearer to her. Find comfort that she left this world pursuing her dreams, and feel extremely proud that she is an aviator. Though she's irreplaceable but time will heal. I'm sure she'd want you to be happy for her.

Whenever I'm at the controls nowadays I think about my old man too. But deep down inside I know he'd want me to get on with the job. We are professional pilots, and we have great responsibilities before us.

To the flight examiner, I wish you a speedy recovery, and get back into the air ASAP.
alberttky

Postby afifazhanee » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Hey guys, I've been an avid reader of this forum during the 'flydamnit' time until it become irrelevant at some point with certain party bashing and trashing others (let's not go there). Anyway, let's leave this case until the investigation is complete. Anythings can happen in an air crash, any possibility be it human error or machine failure or even surrounding factor. We do regret when something like this happen in our field, but let's not point fingers, finding faults and blaming each other. Past is past, there's nothing we could do about it, it will not bring Dione back to live and let she pursue her dream. What we can do is, learn from this mistake, from other people's mistake so that we can be more cautious and improve ourself. In this kind of field, experience and mistake will teach us a lot. Discussion is encouraged but let's not jump to own conclusion and assumption.

torx wrote:Guys, with all due respect to some of you guys who are very experienced, I can appreciate your personal views but lets not speculate without proper investigations being done.

And I believe any of us which have a lot of experiences, will not make such comments.

Happy 'safe' flying! :cool:
afifazhanee

Postby wayne1517 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:18 pm

GOD bless to everyone ::D: . As the thread become more complicated, what can i say, be professional. As the investigation still going on, nobody should be blamed.. Lot of factor is taken into account such as weather,human factor, technical, aircraft performance etc.. there was a recent crash & force landing incident happen here in KL FIR for a past 2 years. And sad to say that most of the aircraft involved is most likely a same type / category, low wing type, similar/same power plant and etc.. Even a well maintained AT72 with a 20 years piloting experience also involve in an accident in Jenderata / Sitiawan and thank to GOD that the pilot is safe and still flying today.. ::D: .

pst.. anybody have their own sweet time to study the contributing factor to this accident by their experience? sharing is caring..
wayne1517

Postby Sleepwalker » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:52 am

wayne1517 wrote:GOD bless to everyone ::D: . As the thread become more complicated, what can i say, be professional. As the investigation still going on, nobody should be blamed

This is what we're trying to say just leave it to the expert to investigate, Capt Zaini still in the hospital, we should feel sorry to him and give him a support, he is a pilot also, no pilot want this thing to happen...just wait untill Capt Zaini is stable and able to say what he got to say....from time being just support him and dont jump into conclusion yet...
Sleepwalker

Postby cirrus_skye » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Its funny to see all those who give unprofessional comments..things happen ..no one should b blamed.. in this case the pilot.. why dont u put urself in the pilot's shoe.. u wont be saying all those nasty things about him.. it is true when things happen.. the instructor is responsible..because its his student.. but remember.. something might went wrong with the aircraft.. it is still under investigation..so keep ur nasty thoughts to urself...this is a public site.. n almost all the members here are pilots n also dca personnels..let the authority do their work.. knowing capt zaini.. he is one of the best... taking back his AE isnt a solution.. if u know him personally.. u wont b saying all that.. ur in a professional world.. so b professional people!! aviation world is not that big especially here in malaysia..almost everyone knows each other.. especially if u were frm the RMAF
cirrus_skye

Postby Sleepwalker » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:48 pm

cirrus_skye wrote:Its funny to see all those who give unprofessional comments..things happen ..no one should b blamed.. in this case the pilot.. why dont u put urself in the pilot's shoe.. u wont be saying all those nasty things about him.. it is true when things happen.. the instructor is responsible..because its his student.. but remember.. something might went wrong with the aircraft.. it is still under investigation..so keep ur nasty thoughts to urself...this is a public site.. n almost all the members here are pilots n also dca personnels..let the authority do their work.. knowing capt zaini.. he is one of the best... taking back his AE isnt a solution.. if u know him personally.. u wont b saying all that.. ur in a professional world.. so b professional people!! aviation world is not that big especially here in malaysia..almost everyone knows each other.. especially if u were frm the RMAF

you got all the points man....it's true...

(sha??)
Sleepwalker

Postby Shumway » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:52 am

It's 'easier' to say that there was something wrong with the aircraft, not pilots fault (I'm not claiming it was pilot fault, don't get me wrong). But the point is - something wrong with the aircraft is not a mere pointing finger at a machine - there was also a person responsible for that machine.
Shumway

PreviousNext

Return to Aviation Talk