Pilot with degree

Wanting to be a pilot but not sure where to start? Clear your doubts here.

Pilot with degree

Postby hiel12 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Hey there people
its been a awhile since my last post
im here to tell u guys about something that is not yet been told in malaysia, i read all the "threads" and none of them is related to mine
it might be odd, a university(IPTA) did not want to inform to the public about their pilot course (they did but not too much)

It's University Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM), a degree course "aeronautical engineering in professional pilotting with honour" . i've been here for 2 weeks already and i met the pilots, most of them were from UM science foundation.
this course started last year (STILL NEW GUYS), so any bumiputra who's aspire pilot are welcome.

the degree took 4 years, 2 years for aeronautical engineering (might be tough) and 2 years for pilot licensing.
pilot licensing will took place at APFT kelantan and of course, ATPL

pilot students here are treatly like VIP , they were kept away from us, their classes are different even their houses(they live in a "teres" house outside)

For now they did not take any undergraduate students because they still did not complete the 'credit transfer' system but might be after 1-2 years
so anybody who are studying foundation in UM and matrics,.. GOODLUCK,YOUR CPA MUST BE 3.50+! ITS NOT GOING TO BE EASY BECAUSE AN INTAKE PER YEAR IS ONLY FOR 20 STUDENTS WITH AN EXAM AND INTERVIEW

=undergraduate in mechanical engineering and pursuing the degree=
good luck ::D:
hiel12

Re: Pilot with degree

Postby golden1111 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Any idea how is the fees structure like?
The engine is the heart of an aeroplane, but the pilot is its soul
golden1111

Postby Clement » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:11 am

hiel12 wrote:Hey there people
its been a awhile since my last post
im here to tell u guys about something that is not yet been told in malaysia, i read all the "threads" and none of them is related to mine
it might be odd, a university(IPTA) did not want to inform to the public about their pilot course (they did but not too much)

It's University Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM), a degree course "aeronautical engineering in professional pilotting with honour" . i've been here for 2 weeks already and i met the pilots, most of them were from UM science foundation.
this course started last year (STILL NEW GUYS), so any bumiputra who's aspire pilot are welcome.

the degree took 4 years, 2 years for aeronautical engineering (might be tough) and 2 years for pilot licensing.
pilot licensing will took place at APFT kelantan and of course, ATPL

pilot students here are treatly like VIP , they were kept away from us, their classes are different even their houses(they live in a "teres" house outside)

For now they did not take any undergraduate students because they still did not complete the 'credit transfer' system but might be after 1-2 years
so anybody who are studying foundation in UM and matrics,.. GOODLUCK,YOUR CPA MUST BE 3.50+! ITS NOT GOING TO BE EASY BECAUSE AN INTAKE PER YEAR IS ONLY FOR 20 STUDENTS WITH AN EXAM AND INTERVIEW

=undergraduate in mechanical engineering and pursuing the degree=
good luck ::D:

Oh mine mine.... Only for bumiputra?? we are talking about 1Malaysia here :o.o:
Clement

Postby m732 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:30 am

Clement wrote:Oh mine mine.... Only for bumiputra?? we are talking about 1Malaysia here :o.o:

Tell me something new.
Winglet Rider \_ _/
m732

Postby torx » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Tell me something 'different'.. :><.:
Real planes have propellers!
torx

Postby hiel12 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:26 pm

lol sry.. its ipta.. got something to do with the "kuota" lol.. like 10%? -.-"
hiel12

Postby xellos » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:58 pm

xellos

Postby miramar » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:37 pm

only for bumi...hmm...
what is 1Malaysia then?
miramar

Postby bird_strike » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:39 pm

1Malaysia mean Malaysia got 1 country only ::D:
"The stars seemed near enough to touch and never before have I seen so many. I always believed the lure of flying is the lure of beauty, but I was sure of it that night"Amelia Earhart
bird_strike

Postby francis » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:57 pm

haha.. apparently the degree course can be covered by government.. ptptn or otherwise... but the university's still looking for a way to cover the cost for the license .. currently those who want to continue taking the course are suppose to apply for bank loan thru their parents... plus if u don't acheive certain qualification for the degree or the license course, u can't graduate and therefore nor the degree or the license is valid.. this was a condition from DCA given to the university..... ( and all this problems were not mentioned to the students before enrolling them ) I dunno, but imho i wouldn't do this course.. but am currently studying mech eng in this uni... and so this is what i heard ;)
francis

Next

Return to Aspiring Pilots