Pilot with degree

Wanting to be a pilot but not sure where to start? Clear your doubts here.

Re: Pilot with degree

Postby 7up » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:59 am

i've just received the the "surat tawaran" from uthm for this course and I really like this kind of course, but it seems that this course surely needs alot of money isn't it?

i wanna ask, is there any scholarship or study loan that i can get? it's hard to find scholarship with this course maybe it's too expensive? LOL. help needed. thx.
7up

Postby massaidnosoiapplyaa » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:15 pm

7up where you applied?
massaidnosoiapplyaa

Postby 7up » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:55 pm

massaidnosoiapplyaa wrote:7up where you applied?

UTHM. Aeronautical Engineering (Pro Piloting)
7up

Postby hiel12 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:59 am

7up wrote:
UTHM. Aeronautical Engineering (Pro Piloting)

oh yeah.. im in UTHM right now.. most of the student came from rich family .. i do mean the pilot course
u still need to pay rm250 000 for the license by ur own.. the goverment will not give any "subsidi"..

but anyway.. UTHM will be the "org tengah" for u to apply bank loans or any other loans.. so applying loans will not be that hard, they can do some for u

pilot students were taken away from us, they were treated like VIP.. pilot students will be in the eyes of lecturers, their markings will be taken care really much, like babysitting.. because DCA made the rules really tough.. any of the exams(subject) that is below 70%, u will be kicked out and need to take other degree course..

but anyway.. go for it :)

-- Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:01 pm --

francis wrote:haha.. apparently the degree course can be covered by government.. ptptn or otherwise... but the university's still looking for a way to cover the cost for the license .. currently those who want to continue taking the course are suppose to apply for bank loan thru their parents... plus if u don't acheive certain qualification for the degree or the license course, u can't graduate and therefore nor the degree or the license is valid.. this was a condition from DCA given to the university..... ( and all this problems were not mentioned to the students before enrolling them ) I dunno, but imho i wouldn't do this course.. but am currently studying mech eng in this uni... and so this is what i heard ;)

100% correct.. u are my senior?
hiel12

Postby 7up » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:57 pm

if i'm not mistaken. this course has just started last year. is'nt it? that's mean that im the second batch? :o.o:
7up

Postby hiel12 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:38 pm

7up wrote:if i'm not mistaken. this course has just started last year. is'nt it? that's mean that im the second batch? :o.o:

YUP!

:)
hiel12

Postby shahir13 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi guys,

Just asking, who're already applied to UTHM for Bachelor of Aeronautical Engineering Professional Piloting by using diploma? It seems UPU system doesn't accepted diploma holders while matriculations does.

It's very strange in their brochure can accepts diploma but in reality doesn't (apply using UPU).
Warmest Regards,
MUHAMMAD SHAHIR SAYYID BIN DAMANHURI
WWW: http://www.shahirberhad.com/
Email (1): shahir@shahirberhad.com
Email (2): shahir13@tm.net.my
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof ... 1934582537
shahir13

Postby hafiz_tahir » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:04 pm

shahir13 wrote:Hi guys,

Just asking, who're already applied to UTHM for Bachelor of Aeronautical Engineering Professional Piloting by using diploma? It seems UPU system doesn't accepted diploma holders while matriculations does.

It's very strange in their brochure can accepts diploma but in reality doesn't (apply using UPU).

you may apply but wait for the other intake...that not involved UPU. Just UTHM. UPU susah....banyak songeh..
upside down
hafiz_tahir

Postby newbiebetta » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:36 pm

may I know how much does this course cost if I have a degree at hand already?
newbiebetta

Postby hiel12 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:23 pm

shahir13 wrote:Hi guys,

Diploma? Sure.. I already asked prof madya about this.. She said diploma student from uthm minimum requirement is not lower than 3.7 to 3.8 ... Goodluck! I'm doing my best too right here :D
hiel12

Previous

Return to Aspiring Pilots